Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
28/04/2023, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join us for our upcoming Sports Network, bringing together youth professionals from our network and external experts to share and learn about the use of sport to achieve positive outcomes for young people in London.
In partnership with London’s Violence Reduction Unit, the theme of this network will be on the role of sport in keeping young people safe in London. At the network, you will have the chance to:
- Explore how sport, delivered via a youthwork approach can be used to positively engage with and support young people affected by violence
- Explore the ‘Theory of Change’ and how this can be embedded into your practice
- Understand the lived experiences of young people and the role sport played in this
- Connect and facilitate discussions between on the ground experts to share and learn from each other
We will be hearing from a panel of youth workers and young people from Project Zero, in Waltham Forest, The Avenues Youth Project, in Westminster, and BigKid Foundation, in Lambeth. In addition to this, StreetGames will share their work on the Youth Justice Sports Fund, in partnership with the Ministry of Justice, and about the ‘Theory of Change’ which outlines why sport can impact on enhancing positive social outcomes and how to do this.
You will have the chance to ask questions and network with other members, partners and external guests.
Location: House of Sport, 190 Great Dover St, London SE1 4YB
If you have any questions about the Sports Network, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.