Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
21 February, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This network brings together designated safeguarding leads, youth practitioners and relevant stakeholders to share how we support young people to be safe from harm. We create a space for youth organisations together to share experiences, insights and useful tools and learn best practices. You will be able to share your experience and thoughts through interactive discussions and network with youth organisations across London.
Our substantive session will explore how the cost of living crisis will impact safeguarding work with young people. The respected Resolution Foundation predicts that 1 million more children in England will experience absolute child poverty by 2024. While the relationship between poverty and harm is complex, research shows that reductions in income and other economic shocks increase the number of children subject to neglect and abuse. For young adults, low pay, higher housing costs and low savings risk them falling into destitution. Learn more about likely trends, who is at risk and what that means about young people’s experiences of harm.
Share your experience and thoughts through interactive discussions and network with youth organisations across London alongside:
- Tom Burke delivering safeguarding law and policy updates
- Katherine Hill from 4in10 on the outlook of child poverty in London
- Lauren Roberts-Turner from Leaders Unlocked
Alongside the focussed session, there will be an update on recent developments in law and policy and an open space for information sharing and tackling any issues you’re facing in your role.
If you are not a member if London Youth please click individual from the organisational drop down list.
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.