Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
#PlayYourWay – Supporting young people to be more Active and Physically Literate with BOING
21 February, 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
A bespoke practical workshop designed for Youth Workers, Coaches, and Young Leaders (aged 16+) to enable young people you work with to lead more active, happy, and healthy lives. Delivered by the experts at Boing, this workshop is part of the London Youth Getting Active Movement to improve practice and skills.
‘Play is the foundation of learning, creativity, self-expression, and constructive problem-solving. It’s how children wrestle with life to make it meaningful’ – Susan Linn
The workshop is focused on Learning Together by Doing Together. Some of the areas you’ll cover include:
- Exploring the Boing PlayTank – the free-to-access resource bank that includes a wide range of games and sessions
- Physical Literacy – exploring the 5 elements: Enjoyment, Confident, Competence, Understanding, and Knowledge and how your sessions can focus on these
- Harness the power of play – creating effective and engaging PlayGames that bring to life Physical Literacy for your young people
- Test and Learn – deliver the PlayGames and reflect on their design and impact
All attendees will be provided access to the online resources and tools to make use of back at your organisations
- This workshop is suitable for all London Youth members, and those from our partner organisations. For non-London Youth members, please choose individual from the drop down list when making your booking
- There are 30 places available. We expect these to go quickly so please don’t delay in booking.
- This is an inclusive practical course. We suggest attendees wear suitable clothing and footwear that enables them to move as freely as they can.
- Any questions, please email John Jones
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.