Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Peer Mentoring Skills
16/06/2022, 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
From lockdown restrictions to the impact of the pandemic on relationships, education and future career prospects, many young people are feeling confused, frustrated and anxious. Peer mentoring programmes, providing one-to-one support with a well-trained role model of a similar age, creates a safe space for young people to meet, talk and build coping skills using virtual platforms or face-to-face (adhering to government guidelines).
With many youth organisations looking for creative ways to support and develop young volunteers, this 3-hour webinar is designed to help with the development of your peer mentoring project. It explores the motivations for volunteering, the process of peer mentoring and the matching process as well as clarifying the mutual responsibilities and benefits that make it work so well.
• Understand what peer mentoring is and the mutual benefits of peer mentoring to both the mentor and mentee
• Explore the roles and responsibilities of peer mentors and the adults that will be supporting them
• Investigate the training and support required for young people to become peer mentors
• Identify boundary and confidentiality issues to keep mentors and mentees safe
• Offer a framework for the development of a peer-mentoring scheme
Click the ‘Attend’ button below to register.
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.