Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
Online Safeguarding (Children and Young People)
27 September, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This Online Safeguarding course raises awareness of the risks and concerns associated with children and young people spending time online and using social media. This includes online grooming for child sexual and criminal exploitation (CSE and CCE) and the Prevent duty schools and youth services have to reduce the risks of radicalisation. The course considers how children and young people use the internet, the role of social media and online gaming, ways to stay safe and ideas for supporting and educating parents and carers at home.
- Consider the safeguarding role to protect children in the digital world
- Explore how and why young people use the internet and social networking sites
- Consider the laws intended to protect children and young people online and the Prevent duty
- Identify potential risks, including different forms of online grooming for child sexual and criminal exploitation (CSE and CCE) and radicalisation
- Discuss how to set and maintain online boundaries, including the use of controls and filters
- How to report inappropriate content and raise online safeguarding concerns
- Know where to go for information and support.
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.