Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
09/12/2022, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Successful mentoring with young people requires the time to build relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Through this, adult mentors can provide a positive role model to encourage them to identify and set achievable goals to affect all areas of life. This makes the mentoring role unique, in that it focuses on encouraging and supporting both personal and social development based on the young person’s needs, including relationships, health, education, training and employment. This introductory online course offers an opportunity to find out more about mentoring young people aged 13-19 (up to 25 with additional needs).
• Development of mentoring skills and understand the unique relationship between ‘mentor’ and
• Consider ways to engage young people in the mentoring process
• Understand mentoring boundaries and confidentiality issues
• Discuss the matching process (to include gender and diversity issues)
• Consider goal setting and action planning
• Look at ways to review goals, offer feedback and celebrate achievement
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.