Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
Mentoring Quality Framework: Workshop 1
29 September, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This series of workshops have been developed by Lifeline projects to offer an in depth look at how the mentoring quality framework supports continuous development of high quality mentoring practice as part of the mentoring support programme.
The Mentoring Support Programme is an initiative funded by the Mayor of London as part of the New Deal for Young People mission. The mission was created to ensure that 100,000 disadvantaged young Londoners have access to high quality mentoring opportunities.
The training is open to anyone currently using the Mentoring Quality Framework to develop their mentoring practice with young people in London.
This Session will cover:
- Exploring where mentoring sits within youth work
- Considering our views on the mentoring quality framework
- Understanding the benefits of reflective practice
- Applying reflective models to a case study
- Increasing reflexivity
- Standard 1 – Programme design and Development
- Creating a ‘Theory of Change’ for your organisation
We recommend attending the full series of workshops, Workshop 2 will take place on the 20th October and Workshop 3 on the 10th November.
If your organisation doesn’t appear in the drop-down list, or if you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click ‘Attend’ to register
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.