Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Mentoring Practice Workshop 3: Positive Activities and Wellbeing
20 November, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This programme is open to any organisation delivering mentoring with young people in London and sits alongside the Mentoring Quality Framework as part of the New Deal for Young People Mission. The mission was created to ensure that 100,000 disadvantaged young Londoners have access to high quality mentoring opportunities.
This session will cover:
Positive Activities and Wellbeing
• Stress and its effect on mental health
• Types of stress
• Research on impact of positive activities
• Effective strategies to increase engagement
• A-Z of Positive Activities
• The power of imagination
• Neurotransmitters and wellbeing
• Practitioner self-care
• Emotional health and meeting our emotional needs
• Breathing exercises
Click ‘Attend’ to register
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.