Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Let’s talk about relationships and sex
13/09/2022, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This online workshop offers ideas to support young people aged 11-19 in building the confidence and emotional resilience to make healthy choices about personal relationships, sex and sexual health. This includes challenging the effect that peer pressure and relationship bullying can have on decisions made, especially around issues of sexual consent and the setting and maintaining of personal boundaries.
Aimed at supporting the new RSE curriculum, this interactive workshop will help youth workers develop skills, explore values, expand knowledge and come away with practical tools to teach effective, inclusive, quality RSE to young people of secondary age.
- Up-to-date information about inclusive RSE
- Increased confidence in talking to young people about sexual health, sexuality, relationships and sex.
- Ways that different values and attitudes to relationships and sex can impact on work with young people.
- Knowledge of the laws and legislation intended to protect young people from harm
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.