Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Substance Use – Working inclusively with young people
02/02/2022, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This is an introductory exploration of working with young people who use mind-altering substances.
During this session, participants will:
- Explore their own and others’ views on substance use and how that may influence their work
- Define different levels of substance use and appropriate interventions
- Explore the links between substance use, violence, and Trauma
- Contemplate the idea of an inclusive service and what that would take
Like this training?
After a successful pilot year, our Rise Up Leadership Programme for Youth Practitioners is back! Applications for 2022 are now open and close on 7th February.
We have spaces for committed frontline youth practitioners working with young people at risk of violence in London. Rise Up is a free, innovative and accessible programme, offering:
- 120 hours of specialist training, to boost your youth work practice and leadership skills
- Access to a qualified Coach, as well as mentoring sessions from current sector leaders
- Networking opportunities and the chance to apply for funding for community initiatives
- Visit our website now for further info and to apply by 7th February
Click the ‘Attend’ button below to register
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.