Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Strategy and Business Planning
13/10/2022, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
This training discovers both Strategy and Business Planning, relevant to your professional context:
Part 1 – Strategy :
This session will introduce the process of developing a strategy and why it is so important to how we manage and run our organisations. It meets the needs of those new to developing strategy, as well as those who want to build their understanding or use a wider range of skills and techniques when planning strategically.
Part 2 – Business Planning:
This session introduces key elements of business planning, which is fundamental to the planning process of any organisation.
After this session you will:
• Have a clearer understanding of business models and how they help to develop business plans
• Have an improved understanding of how to create deeper and more positive engagement with all stakeholders
• Understand how to create an effective business planning document
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.