Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Safeguarding and Child Protection
3 May, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This course is an introduction to safeguarding and child protection issues for those working in organisations that work directly with under 18’s. You will gain a basic understanding of your role in establishing a safe environment and safe working practices in protecting children and young people from harm and abuse.
Benefits and learning outcomes to you and the organisation
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Gain confidence in handling concerns and disclosures
- Explore Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Learn the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Discuss the multi-agency approach to safeguarding
- Gain knowledge about the legal background to Safeguarding Children
This course can be adapted for those working with teenagers to cover some of the specific risks for that age group.
Supports Bronze QM
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.