Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Getting Active Movement Network: Understanding the Role and Impact of London Youth sports work in the youth sector
6 July, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
06/07/2023, 10:00am – 3:00pm
Join us for the final sports networking event of the 2022/23 year. We’re inviting you to an interactive day to connect, reflect and shape the future of London Youth sports programmes and capacity-building support.
The Getting Active Movement Network will be led by our external evaluators, Shepherd & Moyes. Via a range of workshops, activities, and facilitated discussions, you’ll have the chance to:
- Connect with youth professionals from across London Youth’s Getting Active Movement.
- Share learning and good practice, particularly around delivering sports and physical activity programmes for young people.
- Evaluate the current London Youth sports offer, informing how this can be progressed in the future to meet the needs of young people, your staff, and organisations.
- Learn creative evaluation techniques to better tell your story and demonstrate your impact.
We want to hear from a diverse range of voices and experiences, including those who’ve:
- Received funding to deliver weekly sports and physical activity sessions.
- Attended one of our holiday events or festivals.
- Taking part in partnership opportunities with British Fencing, the FA, or the Golf Foundation.
- Sent staff, volunteers, or young leaders to training sessions.
- Been involved in the LYSports Community WhatsApp Group and/or the LYSports Mailing List.
- Participated in one of the in-person Sports Network events at the House of Sport.
Please note, lunch and refreshments will be provided, if you have any dietary requirements, please get in touch. Due to the venue’s capacity, you can bring up to two people from your organisation. A full schedule for the day will be shared in advance.
Location: North Paddington Youth Club, 229 Lanark Road, London, W9 1EA
If you have any questions about the Getting Active Movement Network, please get in touch with Radhika at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your participation and the valuable contributions you will bring to this event.
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.