Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
From Participation to Facilitation
17 May, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This Masterclasses focuses on how to empower and support the young people you interact with to become active members of your organisation. This could be as facilitators to their peers, volunteers to the community and/or other leadership roles within your organisation. Explore how to successfully “pass the power” of leadership to young people, and how to support that process effectively.
Content highlights include:
- What is a peer-led approach?
- Barriers to young people taking leadership roles, and solutions for overcoming these barriers
- Techniques available to support and encourage young people
- Expectations and limitations for young people facilitating larger groups
- Spotlight youth facilitation part of peer mentoring programme
- Supporting young people on how to facilitate challenging conversations
- Youth-led and adult-led balances & sharing power with young people (at what point do professionals intervene?)
- Troubleshooting – sharing worries and group peer support on this solution focussed approach
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.