Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Finance for Non-Finance Managers
27/04/2022, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Understanding finance is one of the key management skills, yet it is one that is the least developed. The very thought of dealing with numbers and the jargon associated with it puts most people off. Yet once you have grasped the fundamentals, financial management is a key tool to better manage projects and organisations, as well as supporting your own progress.
This comprehensive workshop introduces you to some key concepts of financial management and introduces you to financial accounts, the information that is reported to the public and the Charity Commission. This is an ideal introduction for those new to management or approaching management to get to grips with finance and using financial information as a tool for improved management
- An introduction to financial management
- How financial projections support and improve your strategy
- How to understand and capture costs
- Using costs to start your fundraising strategy
- Why we need budgets and how to create and manage budgets
- How you use budgets as a management tool
- A layman’s understanding of financial accounts
- Key information requirements
- The Trustees Annual Report
- Understanding Reserves
Click ‘Attend’ below to register
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.