Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
4 May, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Interested in refreshing your facilitation skills? This Masterclass is an opportunity to discuss and understand how to engage diverse groups of young people when facilitating a variety of youth-led activities in group and 1-to-1 settings. This is a great opportunity for professionals who are interested in understanding the “youth-lens” in regards to what they consider as best-practice and consider how to create an environment that encourages, engagement, participation and the sharing of experiences.
Content highlights include:
- What is a facilitator, and what is their role in youth led work?
- Ingredients of a good session
- Effective and ineffective facilitation
- Spotlight on facilitating youth projects e.g. Peer mentoring programmes
- Facilitation tools and adaptive facilitation
- Facilitating challenging conversations
- Inclusive facilitation including learning styles and additional needs
- Scenarios based work, and troubleshooting – share worries and group peer support on this solution focussed approach
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.