Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Exploring Risky Behaviours
20 April, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Whilst it is impossible to protect children and young people from engaging in risk taking behaviours and potentially making harmful choices, by understanding potential risks and vulnerabilities, raising awareness and building the confidence and skills to inform decision-making, youth workers can help build resilience to cope better with risky situations. This workshop explores why some young people are more vulnerable than others and how this can lead to exploitation and harm. It considers the mixed messages
that young people receive growing up about crime, both as victims and perpetrators, to better understand the attraction that gangs can have and the potential links to trafficking and modern slavery. From there we can begin to look at contextual safeguarding and ways that youth workers can build
resilience to reduce / prevent harm.
• Consider risk-taking behaviour within the context of adolescent development.
• Explore vulnerabilities to child criminal and sexual exploitation and the potential impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs).
• Understand the links with gangs, County Lines and organised crime.
• Consider potential indicators of grooming and exploitation both on and offline.
• Explore ways to build resilience to reduce risks and change the narrative.
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.