Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Exploring Risk Taking Behaviours
30/06/2022, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Adolescence has long been recognised as a time of experimentation and boundary pushing, as young people work out who they are and what they want to be. Amongst this are risk taking behaviours, those that potentially expose young people to harm, or significant risk of harm which could prevent them reaching their potential.
This introductory workshop explores what risky behaviour is and why some young people are more vulnerable to engaging in it than others. Using a blend of group work, case studies and theory, this workshop aims to build awareness and understanding for youth workers to take back and use with young people to help reduce potential risks and build the skills to stay safe.
- Consider risk-taking behaviour within the context of adolescent development.
- Explore vulnerabilities to child criminal and sexual exploitation and the potential impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs).
- Understand the links with gangs, County Lines and violent and organised crime.
- Consider potential indicators of grooming and exploitation both on and offline.
- Explore ways to build resilience to reduce risks and change the narrative.
Click the ‘Attend’ button to register below.
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.