Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Exploring Bias, Inclusion and Diversity with Chickenshed
25 April, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Chickenshed brings you a workshop that covers a range of areas around the crucial inclusion and diversity agenda- using experiential and immersive learning styles that are informed by our creative arts practice. You will be led by a team of those learning how to use their power to support and engage better as leaders, and by young lived experience experts sharing their informed perspectives on creating inclusive spaces. Throughout the session…
- We will unpack the nature of bias and raise awareness about the forms it takes
- We will support you in becoming aware of the impacts of stereotypes and labels and active in your steps to reduce them in your context
- We will unpick the nature of power and how it can be expressed and shared across diverse perspectives to create inclusive cultures
- We will present experiences of bias, inclusion, exclusion, intersectionality and power through performative storytelling
- You will take part in activities that create space for questioning and curiosity in how you can be a part of positive change in your working environment.
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.