Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Duke of Edinburgh funding information session
20 November, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Through a new project, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is looking at working with organisations who work directly with young people in the youth, community and sport sectors. Any young person can do their DofE. It isn’t a competition or about being first. It’s about setting personal challenges and pushing personal boundaries. We license and support a range of organisations to run DofE programmes for their young people, with the key aim to make DofE more widely available and more accessible, increasing opportunities for young people to engage with the DofE Award.
Within this project, each youth club would be able to apply for up to £10,250 to become a DofE licensed centre, and set up & deliver a sustainable DofE offer, the funding can be spent on a range of things including; equipment, staff costs, participation places and training. Each youth club will get intensive support from our operations teams to apply for the funding, and to deliver the DofE award.
The eligibility criteria to become a licensed centre to deliver the DofE Award includes;
- The organisation must be incorporated
- They must have 5 or more Directors/Trustees
- They must have annual accounts
- They must have a safeguarding policy
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.