Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Designated Safeguarding Lead – two parts
14 March, 9:30 am - 15 March, 12:30 pm
This training is split across two days, providing full accreditation for attending both sessions.
The sessions take place on Tuesday 14th and Wednesday 15th March 9.30am – 12.30pm, by making one booking you’re registering to attend both parts. This course provides advanced knowledge of child protection procedures and reporting strategies and is designed for your organisation’s lead on safeguarding.
- latest legislation and procedures
- awareness of multi-agency working
- information sharing and referral processes
- thresholds within child vulnerability, child protection and significant harm
- an in-depth exploration of challenging topics.
You must attend both Part 1 and Part 2 Lead Safeguarding sessions or you will not be able to complete the Designated Safeguarding Lead course and get your certificate. If you can’t attend both sessions then please do not book this month.
Click ‘Attend’ below to register for both parts.
Supports Bronze QM
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.