Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Coaching and Line Management
06/10/2022, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Building rapport and demonstrating empathy is critical in a coaching relationship. This workshop explores theses skills and how this can be used to support line management. The session is separated into 2 parts. The morning session will introduce coaching as well as introduce a coaching module that participants can apply to line manage staff in the workplace as well as introduce and explore key coaching skills and give an opportunity to practice them.
Part 1 – It will cover key questions such as:
- What is coaching?
- Who am I as a coach?
- What is at the heart of the coaching relationship?
- What is a coaching model I could use in my work with staff in my workplace?
The afternoon session will provide participants with the opportunity to explore a model of engagement that gives structure to a coaching relationship with staff and practice developing a coaching relationship/conversation using the stages in the engagement model.
Part 2 – The session will cover key questions such as:
- What is the job of the coach and what does the coach need from the player to coach?
- What is the job of the coach at each level of engagement?
- How can I use the engagement model in my work with staff?
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.