Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
Building Resilience in Young People
6 June, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Ever heard the word ‘resilient’ used to describe young people that have suffered abuse or childhood trauma (ACEs)? The ability to deal with uncertainty, change and life’s challenges is an important life skill for everyone. But whilst experiencing some adversity aids the development of resilience, simply living through it doesn’t necessarily make someone resilient. More than just ‘getting over it’ or ‘moving on’, some young people become stuck using coping mechanisms that are harmful or problematic, both for themselves and those around them, whilst others find positive ways to manage life’s challenges. This introductory workshop aims to help youth workers understand the impact of protective and risk factors, why resilience matters and how to develop it in young people.
• What resilience means, what it looks like and why it is important
• Why one person can be more resilient than another in similar circumstances (ACEs)
• How being resilient can reduce anxiety and improve mental wellbeing
• Ways to build resilience in young people through youth work
• How to recognise professional boundaries and when to refer on to clinical or other specialist support
• Where to go for more information and support.
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.