Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
An introduction to the ‘manosphere’ and the rise of online misogyny
26 September, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
For many, online misogyny is depressingly familiar. But experts report that alongside this is a growing “manosphere” of online anti-women groups, often led by charismatic male social media influencers, including Andrew Tate. Promoting a specific type of masculinity and blaming common male problems and insecurities on the rise of feminism, these hugely popular videos, podcasts and social media posts are influencing the values, attitudes and behaviour of millions of young male followers. Often referred to as ‘toxic masculinity’, many believe this is a form of radicalisation that uses the same grooming tactics as other organised online extremist groups to specifically target boys and young men.
This introductory workshop opens up discussions about the “manosphere” and the rise of online misogyny, explores what is attracting so many boys and considers what can be done to challenge and educate, without shaming, blaming or alienating all young men.
• What the terms ‘manosphere’ and ‘toxic masculinity’ mean and an introduction to the world of INCELS and the far right extremists that inhabit it.
• The role of online influencers and the monetization of misogyny.
• Why some boys and young men are vulnerable to grooming for radicalisation and what they hope to get out of it.
• Some of the behaviour and attitudes associated with the adoption of misogynistic ideology and practical ways to challenge it.
• Where to go for more information and support.
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.