Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
An Introduction to Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
15/03/2022, 9:30 am
This interactive webinar provides youth workers with an introduction to the key principles and basic concepts for a continuum of support known as Positive Behaviour Support (PBS).
The overall goal of PBS is to improve a young person’s quality of life by identifying triggers for challenging behaviour and then developing strategies to help reduce the risk of things escalating. Unlike more traditional deficit models, PBS starts with the premise that all children and young people can learn appropriate behaviour in the same way they learn anything else – through positive role models, instruction, practice, feedback, and ongoing support and encouragement. It identifies existing strengths and then develops a personal plan to help build the skills to better cope with stresses and challenges.
- Define what challenging behaviour is in order to recognise it
- Identify key triggers for challenging behaviour
- Understand what ‘Positive Behaviour Support’ is
- When PSB can be useful
- Identify potential partners (e.g., school, family, key workers etc.) for PBS and define their roles within it
- Consider things that can be included in a behaviour support plan
- Where to go to find out more.
Click the ‘Attend’ Button below to register
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.