Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
An introduction to Management in Youth Work
6 July, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Aimed at new or prospective managers, this workshop offers an opportunity to develop management skills and explore basic management theories. This includes anyone currently managing volunteers or part-time staff and looking to move into a management role within the statutory or voluntary youth and community sector.
• Explore the ethics of managing people and identify what makes someone a ‘good manager’
• The importance of effective communication in management and working together
• Time management techniques and ways to delegate and prioritise work within a team
• Understand different team roles and styles of leadership
• Identify personal management styles to take away and develop
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.