Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection
16 May, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
For those who are already familiar and experienced in safeguarding and want to extend their knowledge to explore some of the more challenging areas of safeguarding. Suitable for those in positions as deputy od Designated safeguarding lead as well as managers and leaders in services for under 18’s.
To explore new and emerging trends and risks for children and young people. Using the methodology of Contextual Safeguarding to understand risk factors for certain young people.
By the end of the course you will be able to :
- Explain what is Contextual Safeguarding
- Reflect on local threats and risks in your community
- Understand and recognise Child Sexual and Criminal Exploitation
- Recognise signs and symptoms of harmful Cultural Practices
- Explore how to help support children and young people to stay safe on line
- Awareness of the challenges for Professionals in keeping teenager safe and working with 15-18 year olds who may be at risk of significant harm
Supports Bronze QM
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.