All members of our Youth Board act as Young Ambassadors.
It’s important to us that young people’s voices are heard on their lived experience and on the issues most important to them.
Our Young Ambassadors are regularly involved in our policy, in media engagements and at events. They represent London Youth and their peers from across our membership.
Coming of Age in the Capital
Young people are facing huge challenges as a result of the pandemic, but too often their voices go largely unheard in the mainstream.
As part of our new campaign, we’re giving young Londoners a chance to share their perspectives, ideas and lived experience. We’re working closely with a group of Young Ambassadors to develop their voices and provide them opportunities to represent the views of young Londoners.
Over two years, our Young Ambassadors will go through a programme of training, take part in speaking opportunities and create digital content. At a time of uncertainty and change, it’s vital that young Londoners have their voices heard.
This programme is funded by Trust For London.
Other achievements thus far
So far this year, young ambassadors have taken part in the following opportunities:
- Launched our Coming of Age campaign
- Contributed to London Youth’s response to Black History Month
- Participated in and presented elements of London Youth’s Youth Work Week (2-6 November) celebration
- Met with our patron, His Royal Highness Prince Edward, The Earl of Wessex to discuss the impact of youth work
- Spoke with a youth organisation on HeadStart Action about the benefits and challenges of social action during lockdown (using their own experience of running a Microgrants project online)
- Helped to facilitate Youth Involvement and Engagement Training
- Created a campaign to raise awareness of COVID-19 safety measures amongst young people
- Reviewed our theory of change around race equality within London Youth
- Helped to create a campaign on International Women’s Day with Burberry
- Wrote a blog on mental health during lockdown
- Attended 12 online Young Ambassador meetings