LY Youth Board Opportunities
Employment Consultation – APPG on Youth Affairs ( Paid)
The APPG on Youth Affairs have launched an inquiry on skills and youth employment. The inquiry will explore the following themes and set forward recommendations about what the Government and other partners should do to create the workforce of the future. The inquiry will explore:
- Barriers to youth employment
- Skills gaps across the country
- Solutions the Government and other partners could implement to build the workforce of the future
As a result, our policy manager Clare is hosting a session on the Tuesday 25th April from 5pm-6pm online with a mix of young people from our youth board and also youth workers and young people from our membership to collect responses on the following questions:
- What are the current barriers and challenges facing young people when taking the first steps in their careers?
- What are the current skills gaps in the UK to create the workforce of the future?
- What action could the Government or other partners take today to support all young people in the roles of the future?
- What could the Government or other partners introduce over the next five to ten years that could help young people overcome the challenges and barriers to employment they currently face?
- What long-term support would help young people overcome the challenges and barriers to securing stable long-term employment where they can thrive?
- Please add any further thoughts or recommendations you would like the APPG to consider.
We’d love you to join this consultation and get your voices heard to the APPG and the government!
When: Tuesday 25th April, 5pm-6pm
Opportunities outside of London Youth
Please note that these opportunities are not at all lead by London Youth. If you have questions about the below opportunities, you will need to contact the associated organisation.
London Wildlife Trust – Youth in Nature Celebration
FREE food truck, creative + nature inspired stations, photo gallery, scavenger hunt + more! For young people, by young people.
The world is your Oyster! Transport for London Youth Panel
This is not a LY Opp. Are you interested in helping young people’s voices be heard in society? Do you think it’s important that transport in London works for everyone, no matter what their background? Are you between 16-25?
Join TfL’s Youth Panel today and be a voice for young Londoners, helping shape the future of our city and our transport network.
Find out more at https://haveyoursay.tfl.gov.uk/youth-panel-application.
Applications are open until 17:00 on Mon 24 April!
The below newsletters and forums will keep you updated on other opportunities for young people across London. These are created and monitored separately to London Youth.