Our youth board is collective of young people aged 16-25, who together support the work of London Youth as either Ambassadors or Advisors. They represent young people from different backgrounds, living in boroughs across the capital. Each of them belongs to a youth organisation within our network so they know firsthand the positive effect youth work has.
All of the youth board act as Young Ambassadors. They represent London Youth and their peers throughout our membership, in policy events and in the media, ensuring that youth voice is visible within the wider youth sector and beyond.
Some members of the youth board have also chosen to take on the additional responsibility to become Young Advisors. These young people are regularly involved in organisational decision making and development throughout London Youth, such as sitting on recruitment panels and being involved with our Trustees.
Every young person on the board is passionate about representing youth people’s views, pushing for change and better opportunities for their fellow Londoners.
Young Ambassadors 2020/2021
So far this year, young people on the board have taken part in the following ambassadorial opportunities
- Contributed to London Youth’s response to Black History Month
- Participated in and presented elements of London Youth’s Youth Work Week (2-6 November) celebration
- Met with our patron, His Royal Highness Prince Edward, The Earl of Wessex to discuss the impact of youth work
- Spoke with a youth organisation on HeadStart Action about the benefits and challenges of social action during lockdown (using their own experience of running a Microgrants project online)
- Helped to facilitate Youth Involvement and Engagement Training
- Attended 4 online Young Ambassador meetings and 1 social
Young Advisors 2020/2021
So far this year, young people on the board have taken part in the following advisory opportunities
- Sat on the recruitment panel for our Membership Development Manager
- Helped shape HeadStart Action through a roundtable discussion on race and identity in the UK
- Participated in 1 Trustee meeting
- Helped London Youth decide on the priorities for our network events
- Took part in a consultation with the Sports team on what training can be offered to young people