Our Youth Advisory Board
Dare London is a youth-led collective of young people aged 13-25, who together support the work of London Youth. They represent young people from different backgrounds, living in boroughs across the capital. Each of them belongs to a youth organisation within our network so they know firsthand the positive effect youth work has.
They are passionate about representing youth people’s views, pushing for change and better opportunities for their fellow Londoners. They represent London Youth at speaking and parliamentary events, in the media, as well as being actively involved in the running of London Youth, sitting on recruitment panels, as peer researchers and as Quality Mark assessors.
Dare London 2019-2020
So far this year, members of Dare London have:
- Helped to shortlist nominees for the London Youth Awards
- Presented the London Youth Awards at City Hall
- Ran their own social action projects in their communities using the London Youth Microgrants
- Hosted and judged social action pitch events for East London Leaders
- Had training on communication and employability
- Been involved in consultations on children’s rights, the accessibility of outdoor sports and young people’s opinions on the media
- Went on a two night residential to Woodrow High House
- Met with the Violence Reduction Unit and Youth Select Committee
- Engaged in a organisational wide review on youth involvement
For more on what Dare London have been up to, please read the blog posts below. They’ve been written by London Youth staff as well as members of Dare London themselves.