05 January 2021
What are the new restrictions?
From Tuesday 5th January, new National Lockdown restrictions apply in England. You can find the new restrictions here:
You must not leave your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- Shop for basic necessities.
- Go to work or volunteer where necessary.
- Exercise with your household, support bubble, or one other person.
- Meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary.
- Seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse).
- Attend education or childcare (for those eligible).
The National Youth Agency’s current guidance for the youth sector in England is Version 4.2. You can read the guidance here.
COVID-19 Readiness Level: Red
All youth sector activities in England must comply with COVID-19 Readiness Level Red:
- Online and digital youth sector services.
- Detached and outdoor local youth services.
- 1:1 sessions with vulnerable young people (indoors).
- Support groups indoors are permitted for vulnerable young people. A maximum of 15 individuals per group plus workers and leaders.
- All facilities must be COVID-Secure and all services consistent with social distancing guidelines.
Read more about how we’re supporting our members during COVID-19.