Development Grant 2017
About the Development Grant
As London changes, so do the challenges and opportunities that our members, and the young people that they work with, face. We want to support our members to be well equipped to respond to this, and to develop and share good practice for the benefit of all young Londoners.
The development grant will enable up to four organisations to access support to develop their work in one of four priority areas:
- Mental health & wellbeing
- Relationships & sexual health
- The impact of social media
We are looking to support work that can be shared with, and benefit, youth organisations across London.
What you will get:
- Up to £2,500 of financial support
- Project development and evaluation support
- Opportunities to showcase your work
What we ask for in return:
- Willingness and commitment to sharing learning with London Youth and our network (we are as interested in what hasn’t worked as well as what has)
- Capacity to be able to undertake the project in the specified time period (April 2017 to July 2017)
Applications for this grant have now closed. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Grant
How many grants are available?
We are planning to award four development grants of up to £2,500 each.
Can more than one organisation apply for a joint project?
Yes. If you are applying for a grant in partnership with another organisation(s), please provide details of each organisation in the application.
Please note that the lead organisation must be a member of London Youth.
What can the grant be spent on?
The grant can be spent on any costs associated with the development work being undertaken. This can include, but is not limited to, paying for staff time, project costs to support the delivery of a pilot project, or other costs associated with the proposed development work.
What other (non-financial) support will I receive?
London Youth will support you to identify how best to capture the learning from your project and then work with you to share this learning within our network. This will take the form of either 1:1 or workshop support, depending on the nature of your project.
How will you share the learning from these projects?
We are intending to produce a written report on the models and/or approaches that we have supported through the development grants and to share the findings at a showcase event in autumn 2017.
Who is eligible to apply for a development grant?
Organisations applying for a development grant must be a member of London Youth. Preference will be given to organisations holding an up-to-date bronze quality mark or higher.
What type of projects are you looking to support?
We are looking to support work in any of the four thematic areas listed above that will either:
- Further the development of an existing model or approach that could be utilised and/or adapted by other youth organisations
- Supports the development of a new model or approach that addresses an emerging issue affecting young people
Decisions will be based on the following criteria:
- Evidence of the need to improve practice or develop new models/approaches
- The strength of the proposed model/approach
- The potential for sharing and applying learning elsewhere in the youth sector
- Suitability of the project for this funding opportunity
- Alignment with London Youth’s values of supporting high quality youth work in the community
Further information on the criteria can be found in the application guidance notes, which we would encourage you to read before applying.
How do I apply?
Click here for application form.
When will I know if I’ve been successful?
We intend to let applicants know of the outcome no later than Friday 24th March 2017.
When will the work begin?
We anticipate projects commencing in April 2017 and will be in contact with successful applicants to arrange project start dates.
How can I find out more?
Further information can be found in the application guidance notes. We would encourage you to read these before submitting your application.
If you have further questions, not covered in this document or the guidance notes, please contact: Freya Grisoni (Freya.email@example.com or on 0207 549 8800)