Led by Katie Worthington, Director of Westminster House Youth Club in Peckham, participants will be examining how to move young people with potential to positions of responsibility in a youth work setting and help them in to a working life.
The workshop will provide youth workers a chance to share experiences and best practise and provide a platform to learn and develop from one another. The three main focus themes for the workshop will be:
- How to identify potential leaders from within your organisation.
- How to support young people during the transition from club member/participant to volunteer/paid worker
- How to support external candidates
This workshop is open for all, but, we suggest the following people would benefit most from it:
- Youth Workers with a responsibility for staff, volunteers and young leaders
- Volunteer Co-ordinators
- Sport Coaches and Dance Artists with a responsibility for staff, volunteers and young leaders
- Staff involved in programme design with young people
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details (Name, Organisation, Job Title, Email Address and Mobile Number).
This training will be held at London Youth’s offices at 47-49 Pitfield Street, Old Street, London, N1 6DA.