Applications are now open for grants of up to £5,000 to help our members fund summer projects to be delivered in July and August.
For the third year running, London Youth is partnering with CVC Capital Partners to offer its members small grants to run activities for young people during the summer holidays.
Alongside the traditional summer grants funding which is for the delivery of your organisation’s summer programme, we will also be offering members the option of applying for Sporty Money Twist sessions. Sporty Money Twist is an innovative blend of active games and discussion that communicates key financial messages in a fun and effective way and is delivered by MyBnk. The programme is designed to get young people thinking and caring about their finances, both now and in the short and long term future.
CVC are particularly interested in projects that can show long-term impact for the young people who take part in them. For example, through the achievement of accreditations or by learning important life skills.
What is the eligibility criteria?
In order to be eligible for the CVC Summer Grants, you will need to show that:
- You have a level of the London Youth Quality Mark in the last three years or another quality assurance framework that is recognised nationally (e.g PQASSO or ClubMark)
- Young people have been involved in the proposal
- You are able to identify how the funding will be spent
- There will be a sustained impact for the young people that take part in it, in particular to promote and improve (i) employability skills, (ii) sports, health and nutrition and (iii) community involvement and volunteering
- The activities will be delivered within the school summer holiday period
Please note that this opportunity is only available for members of London Youth.
How much and what can organisations spend the money on?
In total there is £45,000 of funds available for this year’s programme, and following a panel review CVC will award a proportion of the total amount to organisations based on the strength of their application considering the criteria focus as outlined above. We will be asking for applications for up to £5,000. There is also the opportunity for organisations to apply for a maximum of two Sporty Money Twist financial education sessions delivered by MyBnk for up to 30 young people. These sessions usually cost £370 for one session, or £650 for two. Click here to find out more about Sporty Money Twist and its benefits.
Applications for funding can be made in the following ways:
- Option A: You can submit an application for up to £5,000 to support the delivery of your organisation’s summer programme
- Option B: You can submit an application for up to a maximum of two Sporty Money Twist sessions delivered by MyBnk for up to 30 young people
- Option C: You can submit an application for up to £5,000 to support the delivery of your organisation’s summer programme + up to a maximum of two Sporty Money Twist sessions delivered by MyBnk for up to 30 young people
- Deadline for submissions: Friday 12 May 2017 at 12pm
- CVC Panel to review applications: Week commencing 22 May 2017
- Decisions communicated to applicants: Week commencing 29 May 2017
- Projects to be delivered: July & August 2017
Applications should be submitted, together with a completed budget to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Friday 12 May 2017.