Dare London is recruiting for 2017-18
London Youth is looking for young people who are passionate about making an impact and having a say on the future of the capital to join Dare London, our youth advisory board, starting in September 2017.
Come along to our recruitment evening on Tuesday 22nd August to get involved!
What is Dare London?
Dare London is the youth advisory board for London Youth.
A central part of London Youth, Dare London ensure the organisation is relevant and responsive to young people across the capital.
Meeting once a month at London Youth’s offices near Old street and taking on roles and opportunities across the year, Dare Londoners support and guide London Youth’s work at all levels including:
- Ensuring young people’s voices are heard and are at the heart of London Youth’s work – by attending events and speaking with the press and decision makers
- Help making sure our member clubs and programmes are a high quality – by visiting member youth clubs across the capital and designing new programmes
- Supporting London Youth to be the best we can be – for example sitting on our trustee board, being involved in recruiting new staff
What’s in it for young people?
- Influence London’s decision makers
- Boost personal development and get involved in training
- Take part in fun socials including a free residential
- Meet young people from across London
- Represent young Londoners’ voices
- And so much more…
Current Dare Londoners say:
“Dare London helped me to get out of my comfort zone”
“Dare London taught me a great deal about self confidence, the work place and my significance as a young Londoner”
Who can join the board?
- Young people who attend London Youth’s member clubs or have been involved with a London Youth programme
- Young people aged 16-24
How do young people join the board?
London Youth will be hosting a Recruitment Evening for all young people interested in joining the board on Tuesday 22nd August at 5:30pm at the London Youth office. To secure a place at the recruitment evening please complete the online form here
Contact Cassie Doerfler, Youth Action Delivery Officer – email@example.com / 0207 543 8800