18 May 2018
The Mayor of London is consulting on a draft culture strategy, Culture for All Londoners.
This consultation is an opportunity to share your views on the challenges and opportunities for culture in London and also on the Mayor’s plan to develop and support arts and culture in the capital that are accessible by all.
The theme of the strategy is expanding the types of cultural activities on offer in London and ensuring a broader range of people enjoy their benefits. This means both that Londoners should be able to access culture where they live, but also that Londoners of all backgrounds work in the creative industries.
The Mayor’s priorities are:
- Love London – more people experiencing and creating culture on their doorstep
- Culture and Good Growth – supporting, saving and sustaining cultural places
- Creative Londoners – investing in a diverse creative workforce for the future
- World City – maintaining a global powerhouse in a post-Brexit world
The key questions for community youth organisations are:
- What impact does the capital’s culture have on quality of life for Londoners? What could the Mayor do to amplify and support these areas?
- Do you agree that London must embrace a broad definition of culture that includes less formal places and spaces? If yes, what could the Mayor do to best support informal culture?
- How could the Mayor help to remove barriers that prevent all Londoners from securing creative jobs? What examples of good practice are you aware of in this area?
Have your say
If you would like to have your views, comments, or evidence included in London Youth’s response, please use the link below before 12th June.